Schwinn 420 - The Most Popular Elliptical Machine
Schwinn 420 Elliptical is the most popular elliptical machine for home.
Elliptical Trainers or Elliptical Machines or some call them Elliptical Cross Trainers emulate the natural motions experienced through walking, stepping, cycling, and skiing, they allow for a smooth and fluid motion while building strength in the arms and legs.
Though they are similar to treadmills, your feet remain in the foot pedals throughout the exercise regimen and circulate in a smooth and seamless motion, thus resulting in little to no impact on the knees, back, and hips.
Schwinn 420 provides an effective cardiovascular & calories burning workout, strengthening your heart and lung while improving your overall health. The Schwinn 420 comes with 16 computer-controlled resistance levels and 12 workout programs, including 6 user-profile programs, 1 fitness test, and 1 custom workout.
The Schwinn 420 Elliptical allows you to track your heart rate while you are exercising by griping the handlebars.
Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer Product Features
- The Biomechanically designed linkages gives you a smooth, comfortable and natural elliptical motion
- Ergonomic handles that will not stress your shoulders, neck and upper arms
- The flywheel is perimeter weighted thus giving high inertia for smooth and consistent workouts
- Schwinn 420 comes with built-in stabilizers and levelers that make this elliptical machine very stable, it will not shake nor wobble even cycling at high speed
- Schwinn 420 offers 12 workout programs, including 6 course profiles, 1 fitness test and 1 custom workout
- The grip heart rate system situated at the handlebars gives the user easy fitness monitoring
- With the transport wheels, Schwinn 420 can be moved from room to room without difficulty
- With the Eddy Current Brake (ECB) resistance system, Schwinn 420 offers 16 resistance levels catered for people with different fitness levels
Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer Specification & Technical Details
- Style: Front Drive Dual Action
- Stride Length: 18 inches
- Motion: Forward / Reverse
- Resistance: Magnetic ECB
- Resistance Levels: 16
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 62″ x 26″ x 71″
- Product Weight: 154 pounds
- Maximum User Weight: 300
- Display: LCD
- Display Features: Speed, time, distance, RPM, watts, pulse, calories, interval time, resistance, course profile
- Heart Rate: Grip
- Programs: 1 manual, 8 profile
- Warranty: Frame–15 years, parts–1 years, electronics–1 year, labor–90 days
- Other Features: Transport wheels, water bottle holder, magazine rack
What The Owners Think About This Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer?
Majority of the owners like the sturdy and solid feeling of Schwinn 420 Elliptical and its quietness during operation. We asked a colleague who weigh close to 290 pounds to use the Schwinn 420, it did not shake or wobble at all.
Comparing with other Elliptical Machines priced around $500 in the market, Schwinn 420 is the best value for money Elliptical Trainer.
Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer Reviews
Let’s take a look at the plus and minus of Schwinn 420 based on the feedbacks and reviews collected from the customers.
Good (Pros) of Schwinn 420
- The Schwinn 420 is very solid and sturdy, it does not shake at all
- The operation of Schwinn 420 is very smooth and quiet except light hum from the flywheel
- Schwinn 420 comes with large foot pedals. which is good for big guys
Bad (Cons) of Schwinn 420
- Water bottle holder is not included
- The User Manual is rather confusing and the instructions not very clear. Thus, the Custom workout program needs some study to figure it out
- Get some white grease or silicone lubricant to oil all moving parts of Schwinn 420, it further smoothens the operation and make it almost silent
Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainers Are For People Who:
- Want an exercise equipment for the whole family where individual has a different fitness level
- Travels out of town frequently due to work or family commitment, hence joining a membership-fee paying gym is not an ideal option
- Do not have a gym located near their home or office. Thus, spending hours to and fro the gym is not a good investment of time, especially during winter
- Looking for low impact exercise that would not impact their knees
- Mothers who want to steal time to exercise when their young children are taking their afternoon nap
- Want an exceptionally quiet treadmill which will not disturb other family members when using it
- Looking for a cheap but good Elliptical Trainer with a price tag below $600
What Are People Raving About The Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainers?
“When my new job made it too difficult to get to the gym on a daily basis I decided to invest in my own equipment. This is an excellent machine–sturdy, quiet, dependable and challenging. I had read that the set-up could be difficult and was dreading it until I learned that a local Sears franchise would accept the delivery from Amazon, then deliver it to my house and set it up for $100!” … Elizabeth K. Mcdonald
“VERY smooth operation and stride length. I am 5’11” and 190 lbs. We looked at Sears, Academy, Sport Authority (they had this one at the store), and a local gym equipment store. It is the perfect one for us. I mean you could spend 300-400 dollars but you will not be happy with the lack of stability. The higher priced models (>$1,000) had some nice bells and whistles, like fans, speakers for mp3 players and backlit displays but were really had no better movement than this one. Buy it, you will like it.” … D. Townley
“The Schwinn 420 elliptical trainer is a great value. We have owned many home fitness products over the years and this is by far the best. It is quiet enough to actually be used on a regular basis and provides a good workout.” … Mark Trulock
“I am 65 years old, 5’4″ and my doctor told me to get something that will increase my heart rate. After doing my homework, I decided on the Schwinn 420 from Amazon. Great delivery and I was able to assemble it by myself in less than two hours with no problems.
Very well made and perfect for my stride. Smooth and very quiet…. This is a great piece of equipment for the price. I can watch TV without changing the volume and really work up a sweat.” … T. Ribble
Let’s find out what Scott has to say about the Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer
To read more customer comments click this link here.
Verdict: Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer
Verdict: Schwinn 420 Elliptical is the Best Elliptical Trainer for Home Use under $600.
Where To Buy Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer At The Best Price?
We understand that this a really important concern to most customers. We want to be sure that you are getting a really good deal. So we did some extensive research on Schwinn 420 and found it to be Amazon.com
If you order today you can have a saving of more than $200 on the normal purchase price of the Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer.
We have checked out most of the popular local stores, their treadmill prices for Schwinn 420 ranges from $700 to $800 where Amazon is selling below $600. That is really a very good deal.
Amazon is reputable company that stands out in consumer services. According to almost all customers who bought the Schwinn 420 from Amazon, not only had they make sure they got the Schwinn 420 Elliptical on time but they were very actively in updating them the status of their delivery. And, Amazon provides FREE Super Saver Shipping for Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer. Indeed, Schwinn 420 is the Best Elliptical Trainer under $600.
We are not sure how long will these special deals last, so if you have enjoyed reading the many benefits and features of the Schwinn 420 Elliptical Trainer then this may be the best value for money elliptical trainer for you.